November 2013 holds a huge week and a half of events where we will be carrying out our mission of Advocacy, Outreach, and Camaraderie for the area’s LGBT Veterans and Servicemembers. Mark your calendars and plan on coming out to see what we’re all about!
CGNIE Military Ball 2013 | Tsakoupolos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento CA
Special Guest Entertainers, Silent Auction and Guest Speakers highlight the evening as we celebrate the future possible … Prop 8 is repealed and “Don’t ask Don’t tell” is now in the dustbin of history!
Beginning at 6 p.m. enjoy a relaxed social gathering with Hors D’oeuvres and a no-host bar. There will be dancing and music throughout! The program begins at 7 p.m. with a special presentation by the Sacramento Valley Veterans (SVV) as they gift us with a full Color Guard for the opening of the event!
General Admission: $40.00 | Veterans (w/ID): $30.00 | Active Duty (w/ID): $20.00
SVV General Meeting | Lavender Library, 1414 21st Street, Sacramento, CA
Join SVV as we review the list of events from the past week and find out more about what lies ahead in the new year. Get updates on issues pertinent to LGBT Veterans and Servicemembers at our monthly meeting. All are welcome. NOTE: This will be the last general meeting of 2013. We will resume normal operations in January 2013 so be sure to make it out to find out more about SVV and how you can get involved.
THU., 07 NOV 2013 | CAMARADERIE | SVV @ Drag Queen Bingo
Thank you so much for everyone who joined us this week at Drag Queen Bingo! SVV represented well with volunteers who kept the energy going and really helped to put on fantastic event. We are waiting for the official total raised for SVV and will have photos as well. Stay tuned.
We would like to thank the following people and entities for this opportunity to raise funds and have fun doing it:
- Outword Magazine: Thank you for spreading the word on DQB and for inviting SVV to represent
- Empress Misha Rockafeller: Thank you for your presence and energy. SVV is honored to have been graced with your humor and fantastic representation.
- Rusty Nails & DoMe Moore: Your energy and humor make DQB what it is: A FAB event!
- Anne Silvestri: Thank you very much for your initative in putting together some AMAZING gift baskets for the event!
- Head Hunters: Thank you for hosting this awesome event! Your service and food really add to DQB.
MON., 11 NOV 2013 | ADVOCACY/OUTREACH | SVV @ City of Sacramento Veterans Day
- City of Sacramento: Thank you for reactivating the Veterans Day parade three years ago and for keeping it going. It means a lot to SVV that we have a forum to show up to represent our area’s LGBT Veterans, Servicemembers, and Supporters. We look forward to next year’s parade!
- American Military Partners Association (AMPA): Many thanks to Stephen Peters and Jesus Turman of AMPA for spreading the word on getting onboard the SVV float. Special thanks to the member that showed up to march and stand with us as we proudly made our way down the Capitol Mall.
- California Democratic Party Veteran’s Caucus Chairman Lawson Stuart: Thank you, Mr. Stuart, for your continued support of SVV! It is always an honor to have you stand with us. Keep up the great work in the Caucus!
- Sacramento Community: Thank you to each and every person who came by requesting information or to say hello. To the Veterans who stopped to listen to us tell our stories, we are grateful and to the several supporters, thank you as well.
WED., 13 NOV 2013 | OUTREACH
SVV @ UC Davis Veterans Day Event | 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. | UC Davis Memorial Union (in MUII), 457 MU One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616
Sacramento Valley Veterans’ (SVV) Vice President Ty Redhouse will speak at this event regarding LGBT Veterans issues and will host a Q&A. The event is designed to honor our nation’s Veterans. SVV will take part in this event.
THU., 14 NOV 2013 | COLOR GUARD
SVV @ UC Davis Health System’s “Honor Our Veterans”
Sacramento Valley Veterans (SVV) will present our nation’s Colors at UC Davis’ “Honor Our Veterans” event at UC Davis Medical Center from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.